Ozone Air Purifier Ionizer and Deodorizer by Ivation. Whoa! Perfect use after cooking stinky foods (Hello Broccoli and Cabbage, I'm talking to you!)
OK, my house NEEDED this! I am tired of my husband getting home and complaining that dinner stinks (broccoli, cabbage, fish, etc.) LOL ... tastes SO GOOD but eeew! Turn on the Ozone air purifier and it zaps the odors!
This unit is both powerful and attractive. I like the cherry wood cabinet design with the cool retro look! My house is 2,700 square feet, so this unit is the perfect size.
1) Freshens the air and gets rid of odors!
2) For whole home use: set your heating and cooling system to "ON" not AUTO and place the unit near the air return vents (all interior doors OPEN)
3) The ionizer part produces negative ions that weigh more than dust, pollen and odors and it makes them too heavy to stay airborne.
4) The ozone part is designed to neutralize odors and both ozone and ionizer dials are controlled separately which is perfect!
5) Fan is pretty quiet (a soft white noise)
6) The user guide is very clear and easy to understand how it works
7) Cleaning the ozone plate is very easy (warm water and ammonia 50/50 and a scrub brush) Dry completely with a hair dryer before putting back into the unit. You clean the metal screen and the ceramic plate both (these slide into the back of the unit)
8) Cleaning needlepoint ionizer (cotton swab dipped in alcohol) and blades by gently wiping clean with damp cloth or vacuuming (no filters are needed for replacement on this machine)
Be SURE you have a good spot for this 4 or more feet off the floor (03 is heavier than air and needs to be up high for best circulation).
1) Cord could be longer. Sometimes you may have a good spot up high for this unit, but the wall outlet is close to the floor or too far away. I finally found the perfect spot but it took some time to make sure all conditions were perfect. (Open airy spot, close to cold air return, etc.)
2) I wish this had an ozone level alert to detect levels and automatically turn-down (or shut off) if levels of ozone are too high. I've done enough research on this to be extra cautious of how long to use it, and to keep the levels low. Just enough ozone to neutralize odor without having a strong scent of ozone in the air (which can be harmful).
IMPORTANT: Making sure you follow all the directions in the owner's manual is VERY important! I did research on EPA.gov about these types of machines. When used properly, this machine (and others like it) can be safe and make your home or business smell fresh and clean. If you smell a strong ozone smell, then you have your machine turned up too high. The lowest setting produced a faint ozone smell, so I recommend the lowest setting AND having it in a very open air room/environment. I placed mine in the dining room (we eat in the kitchen, not the dining room, LOL) so it's in a room we aren't in, and it's up high about 4 to 5 feet high (as recommended). PLUS, I have a very open floor plan. The dining room is all the way open to the living room as well as the entrance to our home and master bedroom area. Plus, it's close to a cold air intake (perfect, as recommended). This way, we are not experiencing concentrated levels in a small space.
If you place this in a small room or have doors closed to one room with this in it, then you can produce ozone levels that are too high. Be safe, or you may experience breathing problems. Everyone reacts differently to ozone, and many factors will determine the proper level (ventilation/circulation in your home, placement, etc.)
What is Ozone?
Ozone is a molecule composed of three atoms of oxygen. Two atoms of oxygen form the basic oxygen molecule--the oxygen we breathe that is essential to life. The third oxygen atom can detach from the ozone molecule, and re-attach to molecules of other substances, thereby altering their chemical composition.
Basically the EPA states that too much is bad. Be safe!
Overall, this is a premium air purifier and I am really impressed! My friend has a different machine but it's not nearly as effective and it looks ugly, LOL (Plus the blades in her machine are long metal strips and are kind of sharp. Very annoying to clean!) I examined her machine to compare it with this one, and this is far superior. Be sure to follow all the user guidelines for safety like we are in our home. I don't take chances with my family, so I use the ozone in small doses for a short period of time (10-15 minutes for the left dial for ozone). It works like a charm! Odors VANISH!
You can find this on Amazon here: http://amzn.to/291Oa5K
Amazon item name:
Ivation Ozone Air Purifier, Ionizer & Deodorizer - Purifies Up to 3,500 Sq/Ft - Great for Dust, Pollen, Pets, Smoke & More
I was VERY happy to receive this Ozone Air Purifier at no cost in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. I'll post a video! I love it!
Tags: Ozone Air Purifier Ionizer and Deodorizer by Ivation, Ozone Air Purifier, Ionizer, Deodorizer, IVATION, Air purifier, 3500 square foot air purifier