How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10. How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10
If you want to troubleshoot a problem with a slow Windows 10 Startup time where your computer is taking a very long time to boot up, then performing a Clean Boot is a good way to diagnose what is causing the slow startup of windows. These can be due to Software Conflicts, Windows Update, Corrupt Windows File, Bad Hard Drive or other computer hardware.
1. Temporary Remove all USB peripherals from the computer apart from Mouse and Keyboard.
2. Boot into Windows
3. Type MSCONFIG in search box
4. On General tab, click Selective startup
5. Clear the Load startup items check box.
6. Click Services tab.
7. check-mark Hide all Microsoft services and Click Disable all.
8. Click the Startup tab and Click Open Task Manager.
9. On the Startup tab, right-click each enabled startup item and select Disable.
10. Click OK and Click Restart.
Now you can do your troubleshooting and fix your computer system. Once finished just reverse the process.
This process working for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10.
Join our forum
Tags: How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10, How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10, Perform a Clean Boot, troubleshoot a problem, slow Windows 10 Startup, slow startup of windows, Fix Slow Computer, Fix software Conflicts, Fix corrupt Windows File, Windows computer boots up slow, Speed Up Your Computer's Boot Time, Computer running slow at startup, Bootup Very Slow on windows, PC Slow Startup, Windows 10 takes long time to startup, Very slow PC boot, Laptop Takes Forever to Boot, PC Takes Forever to Boot